The entire time a broken pipe remains undetected, it does damage to your home. As damage worsens, you can easily find yourself with a ruined floor, wall, or worse. The speed with which water damage spreads makes it imperative to locate a broken pipe as soon as possible. Luckily, a few signs and indicators can point you in the right direction.
If you suspect a broken pipe in Mesquite, TX or the Dallas area, call the experts at Metroplex Leak and Line Locators at 214-388-4525. As the area’s experts on leak location, we can get to the bottom of plumbing troubles fast. Not only that, but our expert plumbers can quickly and efficiently repair your broken pipes.
How to Detect a Broken Pipe
Broken pipes leave no shortage of signs, if you know what to look for. Maintain vigilance around your home, and don’t brush off the following indicators. If you do, your plumbing issue will simply go from bad to worse.
- Whistling: When a pipe gets a dent, it becomes too narrow for the volume of water designed to rush through. This difference between design and operation can cause a whistling sound, as water squeezes through a narrowed space.
- Bubbling: No one wants to hear underwater noises inside their home. Sometimes, broken pipes prevent air from escaping down the sewer line. This air comes back up, and can bubble in your toilet or sink.
- Clank or Bang: Loose pipes will move when water courses through them. If another pipe rests nearby, the two can come into contact and create a sound.
Sight and Smell
- Puddles: Water that accumulates inside your house serves as a prime indicator of a broken pipe. To rule out a spill, clean the puddle up. If it reappears, call Metroplex Leak and Line Locators immediately.
- Odor: Drains that emit an unpleasant odor can indicate a problem farther down in the system.
- Yard Patches: Unusually green patches in your yard can indicate a broken pipe beneath the surface of the ground.
A lack of water from your pipes could indicate that your water has gotten turned off — or it can showcase a burst pipe. Stay vigilant in regards to your water bill, as well. A sudden spike could indicate a broken pipe that steadily leaks water.
If you’ve noticed any of the preceding problems in Mesquite, TX or the Dallas area, contact Metroplex Leak and Line Locators today at 214-388-4525. We’ll locate and repair the broken pipe, and leave your plumbing in tip-top shape.